- Social Enterprise Coalition (UK) is a good place to start. It is fairly comprehensive and I learnt a lot about what is going on, right now, with regards social enterprise. There is a Health & Social Care forum.
- If your interest in Social Enterprise is beyond the shores of the UK then Wikipedia has an overview of what it means in different countries.
- Business Link (UK) has the how to steps if you want to set up a Social Enterprise in the UK
- Social Enterprise Live is a useful magazine, giving news, resources, blogs and comments on the topic. There is a recent post on how the organisational from will suit the NHS.
- The Department of Health has a fairly comprehensive guide on social enterprises and health
- If you are up and running as a Social Enterprise and need support and resources then an excellent place to start is with Social Enterprise Works.
- The most inspiring, for me, website on Social Enterprise is SE London. Lots of resources, videos and success stories.
Saturday, 2 October 2010
7 Resources about Social Enterprise
With the decimation of the quangos in the NHS in England there will no doubt be a rush to create a variety of social enterprises to fill the gaps and maintain employment. I have been on a mission to try and understand a bit more about social enterprises and here are a number of links and resources that I found useful.