One of the questions being discussed is how patients and their families are using social media.
I've done a run round the Internet and collated some references to help this discussion. There are some condition specific references, most notably diabetes - however, I'e stuck with the more generic links.
- 4 ways social media can improve your medical practice AMEDNews; useful tips with some examples
- Using Twitter for e-patient communication A comprehensive PDF guide
- NHS reaction to online patient feedback is changing Guardian Newspaper article 2011
- Patient satisfaction in the age of social media Excellent blogpost by MD suggesting some disruption necessary
- Can Twitter be used for doctor-patient communication from same blog as above
- Unleashing the Power of Social Media for Patient Experience Has some useful links to examples
- How the NHS uses Twitter Guardian Newspaper 2011