- Associating; innovators connect the dots and see patterns between seemingly unrelated topics, tasks and issues
- Observing: innovators spot emerging trends long before the formal reviews because they are intense observers of the small details.
- Experimenting; innovators try things out - they don't necessarily talk about it or spend their time encouraging others to do it - they test things out themselves
- Questioning; innovators can be a pain in the rear because they are curious and because they like discovering new stuff
- Networking; it's difficult to spot patterns, notice details and test things out unless you have buddies. Innovators are terrific networkers and often link with others outside what may appear to be "normal" interests. They are also involved with groups outside their employment.
How would you rate yourself on these five categories?